Need a way to make the busy season less stressful? Have your kids join a Brave Writer book club because we do all the work for you!
Log in to the Brave Writer classroom and find:
- enthusiastic conversationalists—all reading the same book
- thought-provoking questions and discussion points
- exposure to diverse opinions, new friends to be made!
- a writing coach moderating the discussion and providing activities
- opportunities to dig deep in the parts of the book that fascinated them
Plus class tuition includes a free copy of the Arrow guide based on the book.
[This page contains Amazon affiliate links. When you click on those links to make purchases, Brave Writer receives compensation at no extra cost to you. Thank you!]
This timeless, heartwarming story reads like a classic in a contemporary setting. Set in Harlem, the endearing cast of characters brings this New York neighborhood to life on the page. The five Vanderbeeker kids live in the same neighborhood where their dad grew up. To stay in their beloved brownstone home, they’ve got to convince a landlord they never see to renew their lease. Their hijinks will make you laugh. Their tenderness will make you sigh. Their determination will make you root for them! If you liked the Penderwicks or the Melendys, you’ll adore the Vanderbeekers!
Brave Writer book clubs are a wonderful sneaky way to draw out the writer. They think they’re chatting with new friends online. You know they’re naturally growing writing skills!