Theory of Knowledge Webinar: How to Develop Critical Thinkers
Guess what? Brave Writer is heading into the world of the International Baccalaureate!
I’ve been invited to be on a prestigious panel to discuss the power of critical thinking in education around the world.
YOU are invited to join us! It’s a FREE webinar featuring powerful thinkers. I am honored to participate!
I hope you’ll join us! Read more for details.
- How to Develop Critical Thinkers: A Special Panel Discussion
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022
- 10:00 AM (EST), 3:00 PM (GMT)
From the Theory of Knowledge website:
Children are natural-born critical thinkers, with an insatiable curiosity about the world, and a scientist’s desire to explain the way things work.
But many education systems end up suppressing rather than encouraging these instincts, turning sophisticated young critical thinkers into reluctant participants in the classroom. On 9th November, we’ll discuss this problem, and offer strategies to help you channel rather than curtail your children’s in-born abilities as epistemologists.
We’ll consider how we can help children at every stage of development to grow in their ability to explore the world around them, examine how their loyalties and biases affect their beliefs, and generate fresh insight rather than simply recycling what they’ve been taught.
- What is critical thinking?
- Why is critical thinking so important?
- Whose responsibility is it to hone critical thinking – schools, parents, both?
- How do we measure our success in developing critical thinking?
- How do educational systems help or hinder critical thinking?
- Is it ever too early or late to develop critical thinking?
- How do we avoid making people feel we’re attacking their worldviews when we advocate critical thinking?
- What can we do to support the development of critical thinking skills?
Register now for the FREE webinar discussing how to channel – not curtail – children’s natural critical acumen about the world.