Podcast: Emotional Safety in Writing
I am recording some of my Tea with Julie emails for the podcast for those of you who prefer to listen. These are brief messages of support for parents and educators. If you’d like to receive the weekly emails, they are free. Sign up at bravewriter.com/tea
Continuing our podcast series on the Four Forces of Enchantment, let’s talk more about risk-taking.
Some writing programs don’t address the key condition needed to take risks in writing: emotional safety.
That’s why writing a diary or a journal has been popular for centuries. The tradition of daily writing away from readers allows people to:
- discover their own thoughts,
- externalize their feelings,
- process what happens to them.
In our “educator” hunger to create writers of our children, sometimes we skip the step that allows them to write without our prying eyes.
Complete Tea with Julie notes can be found HERE.
- Growing Brave Writers
- Want help getting started with Brave Writer? Head over to bravewriter.com/getting-started
- Sign up for the Brave Writer newsletter to learn about all of the special offers we’re doing in 2022 and you’ll get a free seven-day Writing Blitz guide just for signing up: http://go.bravewriter.com/writing-blitz