In the blogging world, bloggers play games called “memes.” These games get passed around from blog to blog and spread like a virus throughout the Internet. Some of them are perfect for playing with kids. This one is a game that you can all play together, each child using his or her name to fill in the answers. One of the best ways to encourage word play is to spend time on what looks like idle word associations. These kinds of associations form connections in your brain that help you to become more efficient in thinking of words for the times you need them when you write!
Your name: Julie
1. Famous Athlete: Joe Montana
2. 4 letter word: Jerk
3. Street Name: Juniper Lane (true street where I grew up)
4. Color: Jade
5. Gifts/presents: Jewelry
6. Vehicles: Jeep
7. Tropical Locations: Jamaica
8. College Majors: Journalism
9. Dairy Products: Jersey milk
10. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Jellybeans
11. Boy Name: Jacob
12. Girl Name: Jill
13. Movie Titles: Journey to Jo’burg
14. Beverage: Juice
15. Occupations: Janitor
16. Flowers: Juniper berries (best I could do!)
17. Celebrities: Jennifer Aniston
18. Magazines: Ladies Home Journal
19. U.S. Cities: Juno
20. Pro Sports Teams: Jacksonville Jaguars
21. Something Found in a Kitchen: Jug
22. Reason for Being Late: Just behind schedule
23. Something You Throw Away: Junk
24. Things You Shout: Jump for joy!
25. Cartoon Character: Jesse James (not even close, so help me out)
Cartoon character: Jabberjaws!
cartoon characters – Jane Jetson
These are great! I forgot about Jane Jetson and I was utterly stumped on the “J” flower. Jonquil is perfect.
Aligrht alright alright that’s exactly what I needed!