[This post contains Amazon affiliate links. When you click on those links to make purchases,
Brave Writer receives compensation at no extra cost to you. Thank you!]
Swallow Falls is a tiny island in the Atlantic Ocean where everyone makes their living by fishing for sardines. But when the world stops eating sardines, the future looks set to be grey and tasteless.
But Swallow Falls is also home to one of the world’s most original inventors, Flint Lockwood. Flint’s latest invention can turn water into food, and it might just save the town’s economy and make it world famous… or possibly destroy civilization with enormous meatballs and spaghetti tornadoes! Now it’s up to Flint, Steve the Monkey, and weather reporter Sam Sparks, to save the world from the first ever food storm!
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a fun, colorful film about big ideas and never giving up. Give it a go!
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is based on a picture book of the same name. If you’ve read it, how do you think the film compares?
- Would you want to live somewhere where it rained food? Why or why not?
- Which characters change throughout the film and which ones stay the same? Share examples.
- Ultimately, did Flint help Swallow Falls or just give it more problems? Explain your answer.
- What do you think is the overall “message” of the film? It’s OK to be geeky? Follow your dreams? Too much junk food can kill? Something else?
Family Breakfast Party – How to make a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs themed breakfast.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs picture book – Check out the story that started it all.