Join me for our first-ever weekend retreat, here in Cincinnati!
- Have you wished that you could make your fantasy homeschool a practical reality?
- Are you wondering how to become a Brave Writer family—-one that naturally fosters a language-rich environment, while accomplishing your academic writing goals at the same time?
- Do you need a break? A chance to regroup and talk to other homeschooling parents, to think clearly about the past year and prepare for the coming one?
- Maybe you’d rather prepare to be the home educator you want to be in an intimate setting, nourished by food, friendship, and trees, rather than merely one curriculum shopper in a sea of ten thousand.
- Wouldn’t it be nice to skip the huge impersonal convention this year and instead, do one thing at a time, thinking about each child, using the tools and materials you’ve already bought?
- How good would you feel going home with a plan that is reasonable and enticing? It’s possible to organize your days into a calm, yet stimulating routine that your kids enjoy.
The Nurturing Brave Writer Families Retreat is not like any other homeschooling conference or convention. I designed it to be what I wished had existed when I homeschooled my kids. What I needed was a time away—away from more decisions about curriculum, away from my kids, away from my home, away from competing philosophies of education. I wanted to be in a space where I was given practice with the tools I would then use with my kids. I wanted to test the methods, and discover how they worked. I wanted guidance from people who were good at the various practices to show me their tricks and tips to make home education the amazing, satisfying journey I knew it could be!
This retreat is all of that.
- We’ll test and try the techniques Brave Writer teaches in The Writer’s Jungle together, so you know how to do them.
- You’ll get to experience copywork and dictation in the same way your students experience it, and learn how to maximize it.
- We’ll practice nature journaling and art study.
- We’ll share a full tea with china teacups, handmade scones, flowers, and poetry (and I promise you’ll enjoy the poems—they won’t be intimidating).
- You’ll have down time to use a planning tool to craft a homeschool routine for the coming year.
- You’ll have time to take walks or go for a hike or run. You can get coffee with a friend or take a nap.
- My staff and I will be available to talk to you about your specific worries and children, too.
- And because I know how hard you work, we have a few pampering surprise gifts in store for all who attend.
This retreat weekend is a sound investment. I remember attending a Charlotte Mason workshop midway through my homeschooling career. I loved it! We focused on all the aspects of being home educators rather than endless shopping for new books. That was a big turning point for me. I grew as a home educator. That is my wish for you—that you will grow in your skills and resolve, resources and vision. Let me help you.
I look forward to meeting each and every one of you.
Also, you should know: I like small-ish groups. The Center only has space for 40. Sign up early to secure your space and to save money.
- Dates: Friday June 27, 2014 (4:00 pm) – Sunday June 29, 2014 (1:00 p.m.)
- Food: Six meals and snacks included
- Environs: Walking paths, benches and gazebo, chapel, and a delightful town square walking distance from the Center.
Registration is limited to 40 retreatants, (34 in individual rooms, and 3 double rooms holding 6 people).
BONUS! Each registration comes with a $50.00 coupon (issued at the retreat weekend), good for any Brave Writer product.
Four price points:
- Single Room, Earliest Bird (by 2/28/14): $299.00
- Single Room, Early Bird (by 4/30/14): $329.00
- Single Room, Regular Price: $349.00
- Double room: $499.00 (1 price, 1 coupon; 2 people)
The retreat is non-sectarian, though there is a chapel for those who enjoy them. Nursing babies are welcome.
Commuter Spaces Still Open: Sign up here!
Cancellation Policy: A “no questions asked” full refund is available up to a week after you register. After that, all refunds will be 50% until June.
No refunds after June 1, 2014.
Registration is now open!
Visit the location website here: The lovely Transfiguration Spirituality Center in Glendale Ohio (near Cincinnati—CVG airport).
Psst: we’ll do a full tea with scones and poetry and everything. For examples of sessions we’ll do at this retreat, read the following “Nurturing Brave Writers Workshop” outline. The Retreat will have additional experiences available. We’ll send you a schedule of activities and lectures closer to the weekend itself.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a description of the workshop read more…