Podcast: The Trap of Valuing “Prestige” Subjects
I am recording some of my Tea with Julie emails for the podcast for those of you who prefer to listen. These are brief messages of support for parents and educators. If you’d like to receive the weekly emails, they are free. Sign up at bravewriter.com/tea
Most parents love the idea of allowing their children to be independent, follow their own passions and interests, and be enriched by them. But not all of those interests are equal — at least in our eyes.
What happens when our kids’ interests take them in directions that, to us, don’t seem valuable? How do we direct them toward learning without shutting down their hobbies and interests?
Let’s discuss on today’s Brave Writer podcast!
Complete Tea with Julie notes can be found HERE.
- Sign up for our Text Message Pod Ring to get our Cyber Monday Discount Code!
- Brave Writer is holding TWO sales: Black Friday Weekend and Cyber Monday
- Want help getting started with Brave Writer? Head over to bravewriter.com/stages
- Sign up for the Brave Writer newsletter to learn about all of the special offers we’re doing in 2022 and you’ll get a free seven-day Writing Blitz guide just for signing up: http://go.bravewriter.com/writing-blitz
Connect with Julie
- Instagram: instagram.com/juliebravewriter
- Twitter: twitter.com/bravewriter
- Facebook: facebook.com/bravewriter
Tags: Tea with Julie Podcasts