Podcast: Finding Deeper Value Without (and Within) Motherhood with Erin Lane
On today’s Brave Writer podcast, we talk about motherhood like you’ve never heard it before!
I have five grown children and two grandchildren (with another on the way), and have been deeply invested in the wellbeing of mothers and motherhood for decades. It feels as if there’s little left to learn in that space for me.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered Erin Lane’s book, Someone Other Than a Mother: Flipping the Scripts on a Woman’s Purpose and Making Meaning Beyond Motherhood, and felt the full richness of myself as a woman, a mother, and a human.
Erin shares from her personal experience as a foster parent and then adoptive mother. She subverts the expectations associated with motherhood and offers women an opportunity to consider the fulness of what it means to be an adult. She explores the “act of mothering” as opposed to the role of “mother” and its power in our social and even political context.
This conversation is going to deepen and enrich your sense of womanhood in ways you could not have imagined.
- Erin’s website is: erinslane.com
- Her Instagram is @heyerinlane
- Order her book: Someone Other Than a Mother by Erin S. Lane
- Want help getting started with Brave Writer? Head over to bravewriter.com/getting-started
- Sign up for the Brave Writer newsletter to learn about all of the special offers we’re doing in 2022 and you’ll get a free seven-day Writing Blitz guide just for signing up: http://go.bravewriter.com/writing-blitz
Connect with Julie
- Instagram: instagram.com/juliebravewriter
- Twitter: twitter.com/bravewriter
- Facebook: facebook.com/bravewriter