Podcast: Celebrate Cultural Diversity with Amber O’Neal Johnston
Amber O’Neal Johnston is a brand new author, debuting with her book, A Place to Belong: Celebrating Diversity and Kinship in the Home and Beyond.
Her mission is to see all of us celebrate our cultural heritages while also honoring the unique expressions of identity in others. Her book is practical, beautifully conceived, and filled with transparent storytelling that makes you fall in love with Amber and her family.
In this Brave Writer podcast episode, we talk about:
- why she wanted to write it,
- finding what she wanted to say,
- how you can find and define your personal and family culture,
- how to have weighty conversations,
- and listening to stories with humility.
We all come from unique cultures, and it’s our responsibility as parents to pass them on to our children.
- Instagram: @heritagemomblog
- Read: A Place to Belong
- The Writer’s Jungle is being retired! Head over to store.bravewriter.com/products/the-writers-jungle to get it at a discounted price until the end of May!
- Want help getting started with Brave Writer? Head over to bravewriter.com/getting-started
- Sign up for the Brave Writer newsletter to learn about all of the special offers we’re doing in 2022 and you’ll get a free seven-day Writing Blitz guide just for signing up: http://go.bravewriter.com/writing-blitz
Connect with Julie
- Instagram: instagram.com/juliebravewriter
- Twitter: twitter.com/bravewriter
- Facebook: facebook.com/bravewriter