Start the School Year with a Surprise!
Want to flip your kids’ expectations on DAY ONE? Surprise them!
That together-summer feeling doesn’t need to fade. You might:
- Spread a blanket in the backyard and have read aloud time there.
- Start with a field trip and go to the zoo.
- Make the first day a party with streamers and cake!
Another option: take a Brave Writer class TOGETHER! Your kids will be shocked! And delighted!
We’ve got a family learning adventure for you that’s whimsical and enthralling: POETRY!
Poetry allows your kids to play with language, discovering the magic of imagination and poetic form in a relaxed and fun way!
Playing with Poetry: Discovery explores
- Introduction to Poetry and Free Verse
- Visual Poetry: Shape, Concrete, and Acrostic poems
- Counted Word Poetry: Cinquain, Diamante, and Etheree poems
- Japanese Poetry: Haiku and Tanka poems
Why start your school year with this online class?
- Learning side-by-side with your kids sets the tone for the year
- Get an impressive unit of study checked off your list right away
- You can let someone else be the expert while you ease into things!
- One tuition—your ENTIRE family!
- Remind everyone (including you!) why learning is FUN!
What families say:
You too can be a poet! This class explores a range of poetry forms and provides the guidance to play with words and develop your own poetic masterpieces! — Elizabeth S.
This was a great class to take as a family. It helped us see familiar forms in new light and introduced us to new kinds of poems. — Jennifer A.
This class… was both fun and informative, and offered enough flexibility to make it work well with our ever changing schedule. — Kimberly M.
This is our only poetry class until 2020. Don’t miss it!