What I forget to do for myself…
- To take a shower… a long one, without interruptions, to think as well as to soap my hair.
- To read the whole article in a magazine instead of quickly flipping from the beginning to the end hoping to grasp enough of it to get the gist.
- To drink my tea while it’s hot (how many mugs of cold tea do I leave around the house while I’m cleaning, homeschooling, folding laundry…?).
- To take a walk when the sun is out (instead of letting the habit of grey skies keep me in).
- To pay attention when my husband gets home from teaching and comes up behind me to give me a hug and kiss on the neck while I’m washing dishes.
- To put on make-up even when I’m running errands because it makes me feel like I’m present to the world, not an invisible schlub.
- To actually twist into a few yoga stretches each day in between the weekly class.
- To start the morning without email.
- To appreciate my warm, colorful house; the stocked refrigerator; happy, cuddly children; a supportive, affectionate husband; and a reliable cable modem because today I have all those things and they each make my life happier and easier and more fulfilling.
What do you forget to do for yourself?