Podcast Best of: The Bermuda Triangle of Education
Kids are savvy! They know that when you teach them something, there’s a sort of implicit catch. If you show a child how to make their bed, they know you’ll expect them to start making the bed themselves every day. It’s a small thing, but when that obligation is there, it leads to resisting the learning of new skills.
To kick off the start of the school year, we’re revisiting one of our favorite podcasts: The Bermuda Triangle of Education. It’s an encore performance of this popular episode as a way to go into this year.
In it, I discuss the question I get all the time: How do I teach my child to read in a way that makes them love reading? This question, and questions like it, have three parts to them that I call The Bermuda Triangle of Education.
Click here for the episode’s show notes.
- Want help getting started with Brave Writer? Head over to bravewriter.com/getting-started
- Sign up for the Brave Writer newsletter to learn about all of the special offers we’re doing in 2022 and you’ll get a free seven-day Writing Blitz guide just for signing up: https://go.bravewriter.com/writing-blitz
Connect with Julie
- Instagram: instagram.com/juliebravewriter
- Twitter: twitter.com/bravewriter
- Facebook: facebook.com/bravewriter