August in the Homeschool Alliance: Learning How to Learn with Barb Oakley
This month in the Homeschool Alliance, you are in for a treat! Barb Oakley, PhD in mechanical engineering and author of A Mind for Numbers, is joining us to talk about her new book for junior and senior high kids: Learning How to Learn.
We are so lucky to have her. She spends most of her time flitting around from Stockholm to Shanghai and Taipei to Tempe. Her expertise on learning is so in demand, she is never home!
[This post contains Amazon affiliate links. When you click on those links to make purchases,
Brave Writer receives compensation at no extra cost to you. Thank you!]
Learning How to Learn brings all that amazing brain research we’ve been discussing in the Homeschool Alliance to your kids, in manageable language with fantastic metaphors and practices that help them feel powerful in their learning tasks.
Look at these chapter titles!
- “Learning While Your Sleep: Waking Up Smarter”
- “Slick Tricks for Your Memory”
- “Learning Surprises: Psst! Your Worst Traits Can Be Your Best Traits!”
We’ll read a couple chapters this month in the Alliance and then Barb will join us to do a webinar to share with you all the wonderfulness of her brilliant insights. The hope is that your kids will become insightful about their own learning practices so they feel like academic powerhouses!
We’d love to have you! Join us!
Take a look at what the Homeschool Alliance. All the good stuff will be open to you. Think of it as your best online resource for everything you need to feel good about the home education you are providing to your kids.
We offer so many tools to help you:
- Monthly webinars
- Free digital copies of Julie’s books (A Gracious Space)
- A library of resources to educate you about parenting, school subjects, family dynamics, and extracurricular activities
- Julie’s coaching tools to help you evaluate this year and plan next year
- A discussion board to meet other homeschool alliance members and to receive coaching
…and so much more!