Check in with yourself
It’s mid-February. Time to ask yourself a quick set of questions:
1. When was my last poetry teatime?
3. Would my kids enjoy a movie this week?
4. How can I encourage a look at nature in February (bring in twigs or berries from outside? take a short hike in the snow? watch a thunder storm through a window? flip through a nature book?)?
5. Have I noticed and enjoyed a good metaphor lately? Can I find one to share with the kids?
6. Do I have a set of refrigerator word magnets? Can I get those out and play with them with the kids this morning?
7. When was the last time I journaled? Is there some pressing issue in my life that needs the attention of writing? Can I make time for that today?
Make a little space for writing, words, images and feelings today. Just pick one thing. You don’t have to do them all.