10 tips for the lazy writer
Writing tip of the day:
There are tips, practices, tools, and helps that make writing easier. Don’t believe for a minute that your kids are lazy.
Here are ten ways to provoke writing today:
1. Gel pens and black paper
2. Instant Message with your child
3. Text with your child
4. Write a sentence on a white board that is provocative yet unfinished, like “If I could design today, I would….”
5. Write together (at the table, everyone at the same time)
6. Write at the mall, jotting down fashion fails and snippets of ridiculous conversation
7. Give shoulder massages before writing to everyone (do it in a circle and then switch directions)
8. Write on a clipboard, under a table, lying on a trampoline, up in a tree, with sidewalk chalk on the driveway
9. Comment on 5 status updates on Facebook
10. Rewrite the ending to a favorite movie or book (make it melodramatic, sad, angry, happy, or include aliens)
So play with words today.