2022-2023 Quill and Dart Programs
Here are the titles (categories for the Quill*) for the coming academic year for our Quill and Dart programs!
QUILL (ages 5-7)
DART (ages 8-10)
At Brave Writer, we take the selection of these book titles Very Seriously!
We read, discuss, and delight in the year’s latest fiction as well as relishing the classics.
- We aim for diversity of authorship and protagonists.
- We incorporate a variety of genres: fantasy to the classics.
- We carefully orchestrate the sequence of the books.
- We balance book length against the holiday demands of a given month.
- We alternate moving, poignant books with silly, lighthearted books.
- We launch the year with a sure-fire winner and end with a warmhearted one.
Hope you’ll join us for an AWESOME year of learning and reading.
Excited for you as your family embarks on an inspired reading journey!
*Difference between the Quill and Dart
The Quill covers reading, writing, and math—with six activities, two for each focus area, that can be done again and again with your kids using different books. It helps build the essential skills kids need in:
- and math.
Unlike our other programs, it offers a list of suggested picture books that relate to a theme, but you don’t need to purchase a specific book or books for the Quill like you do for the Dart or Arrow.
The Quill acts as both your manual and planner with spaces to write planning notes and reflections about your child’s learning and experience with the activities. The Guidelines for using the Quill are built into each handbook—there are no separate guidelines.
Watch the REPLAY of the Live Broadcast
Looking for the book selections for older kids? Go here!