The Original Chat Room
Teens write every day. On their phones! In texts, social media, and chat rooms, they freely express their opinions and ideas.
Time to level up: academic writing is the original chat room!
Higher education is all about making those opinions precise and well supported. Just with a more narrow set of rules.
We want to show students how to
- navigate difficult topics
- avoid ranting, emotional language
- use research and logic to make their points
- understand someone else’s opinion
- disagree respectfully, without resorting to personal attacks
These skills are essential to the academic enterprise and to all communication!
Need more help?
Brave Writer’s Essay Prep: Research and Citation teaches your kids how to find reliable, essay-worthy information on the Internet. We also tackle the nitty-gritty when it comes to current expectations on how to format an essay and cite sources.
- keenly observe and examine an idea
- use inquiry as the basis for writing
- research with search engines and local library databases
- evaluate the credibility of a source
- take efficient notes
- summarize, quote, and paraphrase
- plan and write a research project
- cite sources using MLA format
Rescue your kids from hours of fruitless Internet research and let us teach them tools to find reliable information quickly. Register for Essay Prep: Research and Citation today!
Tags: Training Tip