Be a Light
At the end of my life, I wanted it not said upon my epitaph: “Lo, she successfully laundered thousands of loads of laundry.”
Friends: there’s more to life.
Change the checkboxes.
- Showed compassion for struggle
- Experimented with a new approach to learning
- Discovered what doesn’t work for that one child
- Gave out hugs like it’s my job
- Enjoyed poetry
- Expanded my worldview
- Paid attention to this single amazing day
- Folded undies like a Kon Mari folding expert (okay, I slipped one laundry item into the list, but at least try elevating the task just for today!)
You’re a blaze of energy and light in someone’s life. Live like it. Assign credit. Grow.
This post is originally from Instagram and @juliebravewriter is my account there so come follow along for more conversations like this one!