Call for Writing Coaches 2021
Brave Writer is hiring!
We’re looking for people from diverse backgrounds to join our creative and talented team of writing coaches.
Brave Writer is passionate about alternative education and serving families from diverse communities. If you share this passion and would like to supplement your income with part-time work from home, consider working with us!
Brave Writer offers online courses to help students (mostly homeschooled) progress as academic and creative writers. We offer asynchronous courses (in writing, no video) to teach parents and children how to find the ideas within and express them with clear and compelling prose.
On your application, you’ll share details in the following areas.
1. Experience with Alternative Education
We’re looking for candidates with approximately three years of experience in instruction using an alternative education model: homeschool, pod school, Montessori, Waldorf, experimental education, special needs program, or other!
2. Writing You’ve Published
Publishing credits in any of the following venues are necessary:
- Magazine articles
- Active blog with a readership
- Community newsletter (homeschooling, religious community, affinity group, etc.)
- Letters to the editor or editorials
- You tell us! (There are lots of ways to be published today.)
3. Experience with Underrepresented Communities
In order to serve our increasingly diverse student body, we’re looking for instructors who have experience working with underrepresented communities. This experience can be at a personal or community level.
How to Apply
- To be notified when our application opens on September 27, you can drop your email address here. The application window closes at midnight ET on October 8, 2021.
- On your application, you will be asked to include:
- Resumé (please include any experience coaching writing)
- Level of education completed (high school, college, graduate school—whatever you have)
- Alternative education experience
- Publishing credits
- Experience with underrepresented communities
- A writing sample that showcases your writing voice (700-800 words)
- Responses to sample student writing and parent concerns
- We’ll hold interviews in October and will offer provisional employment to selected candidates by November 5, 2021.
- New employees will attend our asynchronous online training (paid, 2-4 hours daily time commitment) on November 8-19, 2021. This training is mandatory.
All employment-related questions should be directed to Kirsten Merryman email@example.com.
Let us know of your interest by filling out our form. Click below!
Brave Writer Employment Policy
Brave Writer is an equal opportunity employer. Brave Writer is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community. Brave Writer encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on access to reliable Internet.
We look forward to hearing from you!