You’ve asked to see Brave Writer classes in action, and we’ve listened. Sign up for a front row seat to a tour of our Expository Essay classes for high school students!
- Would you like to see how our expository essay classes look from the inside?
- Do you wonder about pacing?
- Are you curious to see what kind of feedback and instruction our teachers give?
Kirsten Merryman and Jen Holman, veteran Brave Writer instructors, will take you on a guided tour of the classroom. They’ll show you a sneak peek of our Brand New cartoon video footage that we use to instruct kids who need a little more audio-visual support. You’ll be able to ask any and all questions.
In other words: find out everything you want to know about the essay program before signing up!
Let’s face it: teaching academic writing feels daunting. Most of us haven’t written an academic paper since high school or college ourselves. Now, as a homeschooling parent, you want your child to be prepared for the rigors of college, but the terrain of academic writing is unfamiliar.
Our method of teaching the expository essay honors the standards expected in academic writing, while resisting the straitjacket of boring formats and rules that put teens off essay writing for good.
How do we do it? We can’t wait to show you!
→ Join us LIVE for a chance to win a FREE SEAT in one of the classes!
In this free webinar, you’ll learn how we help teens
- Move beyond the “blank page, blank stare” syndrome that plagues young academic writers who don’t know what to write
- Explore multiple points of view on controversial topics
- Prove arguments using reasoning, facts and evidence
- Learn the building blocks of strong academic writing they can use in any subject area
Don’t miss this chance to see an actual Expository Essay class in action and to hear directly from our caring instructors. You’ll also see how our instructor feedback grows writers who feel empowered to improve instead of defeated by crushing criticism. We’ll answer all your questions, too!
Title: High School Writing—Expository Essay Class
Date and Time: Friday, Sept. 28, 2018 @ 3:00 PM Eastern
Register for the online webinar here.
Join us live for a chance to win a free seat in one of the classes!
If you’ve got friends who are new to Brave Writer and have high school students, this is a fantastic way to get to know us. Please share the webinar link with them.