Time to Target Writing Instruction!
Home education is a bit like target practice. Every day is different, but we show up, arrows in hand, our kids in tow. We aim high! We aim true! We launch into our daily tasks with gusto!
- Science – thwack!
- Math – whoosh!
- Reading – crack!
With our “writing arrow” in our hands, things get confusing. There are so many targets to aim for:
- Spelling and grammar?
- Neat handwriting?
- Authentic voice?
- Vivid details?
- Words on the page with as few tears as possible?
When you aim for one, you feel like you’re ignoring the rest. How do you hit them ALL?It’s impossible, right?
Well, there’s a reason why athletes rely on a coach. Coaches know how to synthesize multiple elements and make a task seem cohesive—and effortless! A novice archer needs to learn good aim and proper stance, as well as tips and tricks I can’t even think up!
You wouldn’t enter an archery tournament completely untrained. Likewise, your kids are looking for a coach—someone to prepare them for the adventure of writing! That person can be you—and we intend for it to be!
That’s why Brave Writer offers a unique 6-week coaching program just for YOU. While your kids get opportunities to write, you’ll simultaneously learn how to coach your kids to write with confidence!
The Writer’s Jungle Online targets the main areas that determine success in writing (and sport!):
- Accountability. Our six-week format allows for the gentle accountability you crave—supportive instructors who show up every day and guide you through the process.
- Practical steps for change. Brave Writer embodies a philosophy and a practice. Learn our manageable steps and use our tools to inspire your kids to write!
- Start to finish. Start with ideas, words, exploring a child’s observations, work through the revision process with creativity and kindness, and wind up with a truly enjoyable piece of writing to read at the end of our program.
- Reproducible results. The approach we teach you is meant to be used again and again for any writing project you do with your kids, of any age. It’s reliable and adaptable.
- Individual support. Got a unique situation? Your child has writing habits or quirks that you can’t figure out? Our coaches have seen it all! They are ready to meet you where you are and help you navigate your needs as a homeschool parent.
Listen to what these parents had to say about their experience:
I realized how to break the writing process down into manageable steps. Before I wasn’t sure how to get from ‘I don’t know what to write!’ to the final product.
[This class] was painless for my son, enjoyable and skill-building for both of us. The gentle pace and simple assignments were perfect.
I had never attempted the revision and editing stages before, and now after going through them I have more confidence to go forward…
Hit the bullseye with The Writer’s Jungle Online!