Call for Writing Coaches 2018
Brave Writer is growing again!
We’re looking for women and men from diverse backgrounds to join our creative, passionate, talented Brave Writer team of writing coaches.
Brave Writer writing classes are conducted online on our website. Read about how they work here.
- Fill out the application linked below (it’s time sensitive, so be sure to mark your calendars!).
- We’ll invite qualified candidates to an interview and then to our two-week training (mandatory).
- We’ll select our new coaches from the pool of candidates who complete the training successfully.
- Qualified writing coaches who complete the training will be invited to teach for Brave Writer as the need arises over the course of the next 12-18 months. We expect to expand our offerings.
If you or a friend (or a spouse!) would like to supplement the family income and have writing and homeschooling skills, consider working with us! Brave Writer coaches work part-time from home. Hours and scheduling are flexible. Pay is based on class type.
Our requirements are straightforward and critical to our success.
1. Homeschool Experience
You must have homeschooled your kids or have been homeschooled yourself for at least 3 years.
Publishing credits in any of the following venues are necessary:
- magazine articles
- an active blog with a readership
- a community newsletter (homeschooling, religious community, affinity group, etc.)
- letters to the editor or editorials
- you tell us! (There are lots of ways to be published today.)
3. Online presence
You need to have a warm, engaging online presence that is evident from online conversations you link for us to read. Be sure that you send links to public conversations. We can’t read your private Facebook or Instagram accounts. We need to be able to see how you relate online because that’s what teaching for Brave Writer is all about!
4. Excellent writing skills
We’re looking for people who write with clarity and ease using accurate grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
You need to be a creative person who can problem-solve and foster imaginative solutions to writing dilemmas. We’ll train you in our method, but it helps if you already have a knack for revision, or expanding writing content.
6. Knowledge of academic writing forms and literature
Not required, but helpful.
In addition to needing instructors for our core classes for children ages 8-13, we also have a need for instructors who can teach high school writing forms—college prep writing.
Who wouldn’t want to work with this great team?
Follow these submission directions
Please use this form to apply (emails will NOT be accepted). The form will be open for a 48-hour window on April 23-24, 2018. The form will close at midnight EDT on April 24. This gives you time to update your resumé and prepare your writing sample before you apply.
You will share this information:
- name, phone number, email address, and where you currently live
- degrees (high school, college, graduate school – whatever you have)
- homeschool experience
- publishing credits
- online presence
- familiarity with Brave Writer products
- information about you and why you’d like to work for Brave Writer
You also must attach:
- a writing sample that showcases your writing voice (700-800 words)
- your resumé (please include any experience teaching writing)
We will conduct interviews via webcast software and invite select candidates to complete our writing instructor training (conducted online asynchronously, no specific daily login time): July 9 – 20 of 2018. The training is required of all qualifying candidates: no exceptions. There is no invitation to work for Brave Writer until completion of training.
Even if you are not invited to teach with us, the online training is valuable to your own homeschool and any co-op community where you might teach.
Once you’ve submitted your application, you will receive an email receipt as confirmation. We will contact you by May 7 to thank you for your application or to ask you to continue in the process. Select interviews will be offered by the end of May.
Invitations to our Brave Writer writing coach training will be extended before June 30, 2018, after we complete the interview process.
The training will be held online July 9 – 20 of 2018.
It is mandatory for anyone who wants to work for us.
Have questions? Watch this video on YouTube!
All other employment related questions must be directed to Paula Horton: email@example.com
starting April 23, 2018
Application deadline: April 24 midnight EDT
We look forward to hearing from you AND your friends!