Call for Teachers!
Brave Writer is growing! We need Brave Writer instructors. If you are looking for a way to supplement your family’s income and have writing and homeschooling skills, you may be just what we’re looking for! Brave Writer instructors work part time, from home. Hours and scheduling are flexible.
Our requirements are straightforward, but critical to our success:
1. You must have homeschooled your kids for at least 3 years.
2. You need to have been published.
- magazine articles
- a book you’ve written
- an active blog with a readership
- a community newsletter (like church or homeschooling)
- newspaper letters to the editor or editorials
- You Tell Me! (There are lots of ways to be published today.)
3. You need to have a warm, online presence that can be observed.
I prefer to know that you are active in an online community (homeschooling, film, gardening, theology, gaming) or that you have an active Facebook or Twitter account. I need to be able to see how you relate online since that’s what teaching for BW is all about!
4. You need excellent writing skills in casual email/online conversation.
That means you are a natural speller, have good natural grammar, and write with clarity and ease.
5. You need to be a creative person who can problem solve and foster imaginative solutions to writing dilemmas.
We’ll train you in our method, but it helps if you have a knack for editing, or expanding writing content already.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The title of the email needs to be: Call for Teachers.
In your resume, include evidence of the five items above as well as:
- Your name
- Where you currently live
- How long you’ve homeschooled and who (your kids, their ages, what grades they were home educated)
- Your degrees (high school, college, graduate school – whatever you have)
- A writing sample—something you share with me that shows your writing voice.
We need quite a few teachers so take a chance and let me know of your interest. We’ll hold a training this summer to see if you are qualified to teach for us (you must be available for the training which will begin the third week in July and last for two weeks). There is no invitation to work for Brave Writer until you’ve completed the training.
All resumes are due by March 31, 2013.
I look forward to hearing from you!