Nurturing Brave Writers

If you ever wanted to attend a conference to hear me give my workshops, but couldn’t make it, I’ve finally got the MP3’s to share with you. The first one is my most frequently delivered message (formerly called: Rescuing Reluctant Writers, now named Nurturing Brave Writers).

Nurturing Brave Writers; APACHE convention March 2009

The Writer’s Jungle is the resource you want to use if you want to make these changes in your orientation to writing. Our packages which include the language arts component are now available for this year’s program. We also offer a full slate of online classes. I recommend starting with Kidswrite Basic.

22 Responses to “Nurturing Brave Writers”

1. Kika says:

Thank you, Julie, for making your “Nurturing Brave Writers” workshop available, free, online. I just listened to it and very much appreciated hearing your thoughts and encouragement just as I’ve appreciated and learned from your blog. I am extremely reluctant to purchase LA curricula (not being a curriculum fan, in general) as I’ve had so many passed down to me from my homeschooling mom and yet, never found even ONE that I’d want to use myself and, therefore, refused to put my children through them. I have always enjoyed writing, however. Anyways, long story short, I’ve been exploring your website and blog these past few months and recently ordered your “help for highschool” program. Seriously, I am impressed and look forward to implementing it with my 13yo son. I will also be incorporating many of your other ideas in our homeschooling this year excited about making writing our primary focus this year.

2. Julie Bogart says:

Thank you Kika! So great to have you on board. I think your idea is a good one: Would I want to use this curricula? If it doesn’t feel like it would entice you to write, why subject your kids to it? Wonderful rubric for decision making.

Julie

3. Nadia says:

Sorry, Julie, I couldn’t find the MP3 file. Every link I clicked on just looped back around again. Can you repost the info? Thanks, Nadia

4. Julie Bogart says:

Nadia, when you click on the link for the talk, it takes you to a page that has a little arrow and sound horn. Click on the arrow and the Mp3 will start right there. 🙂

Julie

5. Lori D. says:

It is SO nice to finally have a voice to the Bravewriter! You are as warm and sincere and as encouraging as I imagined! Thanks SO much for sharing this workshop! It was so nice to get to listen to you… at home in my p.j.’s late at night while the kids were in bed. It was like having a late night tea with you and us working on my next years writing plan. I want more! Thanks for all you do for us Bravewriter Mom’s!

6. Julie Bogart says:

I have more talks to post and hope to add podcasting to this year’s offerings. Am working on that now. So… I will work on getting the high pitched screechiness out of my voice when I’m overly excited (lol) and we’ll get to chat over tea some more. 🙂 Thanks for the feedback!

Julie

7. StitchingQueen says:

Hello, Julie. I thank you very much, too. Haven’t listened yet, though, as we have dial-up. Is there a way to download the file, or do I have to listen online?

8. Julie Bogart says:

I will see if I can find a way to make it downloadable for you. 🙂

9. StitchingQueen says:

Thank you very much! -SQ

10. Julie Bogart says:

SQ – I tried to email the Mp3 directly to you but the file is too big. Let me see if there is a way to dl it from the hosting site. I know the developer and he might have an idea.

Julie

11. Jeri says:

Hi Julie,
    If you figure out a way to make it downloadable I would LOVE to get it as well. We live in the country and our satellite internet is barely better than the dial up we used to have!
    Can’t wait to hear it!
    Blessings,
    Jeri

12. Wonderful resource to share! Thank you. I was just getting ready to reread The Writer’s Jungle, and this was a perfect recap of points I really needed to hear.

13. […] Nurturing Brave Writers […]

14. Rachel says:

Thank you so much! I just finished listening to your talk and was SO encouraged. I stopped part-way through to order The Writer’s Jungle and was wondering what I would do with my students while waiting for it to arrive… then heard you tell about the Eight Week Freewrite project. I’m eager to try this method with my children. I have felt for a few years now that I didn’t want to do the traditional writing curriculum and now that my kids are ready, you have laid out exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks again!

15. Verena says:

Perfect timing as I’m starting to think about next school year. Thanks so much for sharing this! It was wonderful to hear your real voice- you sound just like I’ve imagined you would 🙂 (don’t take that screechiness out of the tapes- I didn’t think you sounded screechy at all- you DO sound lively, energetic and encouraging!).

16. StitchingQueen says:

Anything new on the downloadable version? I was out-of-town for a few days and am just getting back to this. Thanks!
    SQ

17. Julie Bogart says:

It has to be zipped and emailed. It can’t be downloaded from the Internet. I’m swamped with BW stuff right now but hope to get that option made available and will let you know on the blog when it is.

Julie

18. KimP says:

Thanks so much, Julie, for posting that link. As I start to think of the next school year, listening helped me focus in again on the IMPORTANT stuff and encouraged me to keep working with my interesting kids who have a lot to say about things they like. 🙂

Thanks for all your encouragement.

19. Dawn says:

FYI, this link is no longer working. Please repost it if possible as I would love to hear more.

20. Angie says:

Since this link is now dead, I did some searching and found several of Julie’s talks available to purchase.

Hope this helps! 🙂

21. Angie says:

Make that *for* purchase. Love making mistakes on a writer’s website! ACK!!!

22. ecommerce says:

Ecommerce …

[…]check out the sites listed below, worth a read for ecommerce enthusiasts[…]…