The return of the Tuesday teatime!
Only this one happened on a Friday…
On Friday we spent a wonderful hour and a half delighting in poetry, Shakespeare and each other at our teatime. Thank you for encouraging us to do this!
Recipe for a Friday Teatime
- Pot of hot tea
- Fresh fruit
- Colorful flowers
- Three happy children
- Set the table with your favorite teacups and place treats on heart shaped platters.
- Have Bach playing in the background.
- Sip hot tea and read aloud from a vintage book of children’s poetry.
- Let out loud guffaws at the dog and cat who ate each other up and sigh contentedly when the Owl and the Pussycat dance by the light of the moon.
- Munch on cookies while you read Shakespeareâ€™s Taming of the Shrew.
- Be amazed at the timeless character lessons buried in this classic treasure.
- Pass around more fruit and delight in your son’s comment, “Mom, can we have a teatime every day? No? Then how about every week? We’ll have some music, cookies, tea, a little bit of poetry and a little bit of Shakespeare.”
- Grin back at him and nod.
- Serves as many as will come, until they are filled to overflowing.